The current dispensation of Press Club of India has done a good job, three cheers for them, but we should think on certain core issues, which is being neglected since long. As we are going to vote new PCI team @15 Dec, my appeal to all, to have to VOTE those, who will do promises to take corrective measures on several issues as under-
1. Fixed 3 days in a week Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday for Corporate and Associate members, they are enjoying BEST facilities on our costs. Club mean for the Journalists, NOT for them but they are sitting with us, behaving like journalists, making deals in club, almost all club staff has been dancing on their tunes, they BLESSED them with BIG tips, Journalists being ignored, quite often, ill treated by the Club Staff .. Journalists and their family members has been feeling outsiders in their Club, it’s ridiculous, it hurts, on the other hand our staff preferred to facilitate Corporate and Associate Members utmost, just for the BIG tips.
2. Other than Journalists should have settled in Exclusive Lounge in a fixed days, 3 days in a week, if a journo friend of them wanted to have cheers with them they have to go at their Lounge, Associate and Corporate shouldn’t be allowed to get seated around journalists Lounge.
3. Government allowed Journalists to enjoy the facilities in minimum prices but we have been pushed to pay 3 times more, Press Club has many journo members who couldn’t bear such amount, we should have to facilitate our BEST Prices to our esteemed colleague members, and should have to charge double amount from Associate and Corporates members, if they wanted to enjoy the prestige as a member of the prestigious Press Club, have to pay accordingly, but surely journos shouldn’t be burdened abnormal price hikes.
NB- if the present Constitution of the PCI don’t give us this freedom to exercise dual rates in any food items then PCI can convene a GBM and change this lecuna. Journalists must get quality service on reasonable prices in their club.
4. The club often provides scheme for drinks, the amount shouldn’t be spent in charity for booze lovers, the said amount should be made public so that the amount should be paid towards premium of Insurance or other welfare schemes for the journalists, it will go a long way to our fellow journalists or create a corpus for the journalists fraternity.
5. Rates of all items purchased by the club should be made public every month so that all stake holders of the PCI being kept in the loop.
6. Voted out such elements who have been in fray again n again in person or in a group, just beware of their style of functioning, why they are choosing PCI as a “charagaah”
7. Vote for only mainstream serving journalists, who can think better about the journalists.
Would be happy, if get your kind revert, suggestions and other ideas to make our PCI more viberant and transparent.