Subject: MUMBAI PRESS CLUB TEAM TO VISIT AFGHANISTAN
The Mumbai Press Club has over the years has sought to establish relations with communities of journalists in our neighbouring countries as a process of learning and bettering relations. In this regard we have in the past succeeded in establishing long-term exchange with the Karachi Press Club as well as with the Nepal Union of Journalists.
We have for some time been talking on the same lines with officials of the Afghanistan diplomatic corps to set up an exchange of journalists between the two countries. We are happy to inform you that the Afghan authorities in Kabul have in-principle cleared a visit to Afghanistan by a Mumbai Press Club team of around 10 to 12 persons in the coming weeks. The 7-10 day trip will involve a visit to Kabul and possibly other Afghan cities, interaction with ministers of the Afghan government, and members of civil society as well as visits to the office of the local media.
Those interested may apply to be included in the team by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a scanned copy of the front and back of your passport.
Applications should reach us by Tuesday, 25th December, 2018.
Depending on the number of applicants, the Office-bearers / Managing Committee will take a final decision on the composition of the team.
Before applying for the above, please bear in mind the following:
- Travel in Afghanistan is a high-risk proposition, and those applying consult their family and friends in advance. The Mumbai Press Club will have to be indemnified against any claim or blame in this regard.
- While the Afghan authorities/media reps will host us and look after our stay, the to-and-fro air ticket costs will have to be borne by the individual applicant.
- We will be travelling as members of the Mumbai Press Club and will be required to observe necessary group discipline.
- This is primarily a ‘work’ trip so please provide us details which press/network you will be writing for from Afghanistan.
- The composition of the team will give due representation to the different formats of media, and will also take gender and seniority into account. The decision of the office-bearers will be final.
Mumbai Press Club